Day 0 - touchdown, not being sick, arrival, excitement.


Luckily I wasn't sick on the plane, that would have been just awful. I'm not making assumptions saying it would be awful, I know its awful, I have actually been sick (mid flight) on a plane. I was about 13 and travelling to Lanzarote for a family holiday. I mean I know I get travel sick, I always take tablets for buses, ferry's, coaches, cars..but never for planes. Maybe I thought my travel sickness was exempt from air flight. Well it wasn't, I was sick in the aisle, and it felt like the whole plane was looking at me with utter disgust.
So yeah..that never happened, that would have been some way to arrive in the big apple.






Because it was a long flight, we had little tvs in front of us, they looked great, you could watch movies, tv shows, check the flight plan, weather. I say it looked great because the one I had didn't do much, in fact it was stuck on that screen for the whole journey, I tried pressing it, using the remote, asking the person next to me, but alas no luck.


'did you watch the social network it was sooo good!?'
..um well no I didn't.
Forgive me, I'm not complaining, in fact I was so tired I slept the whole journey and only woke up for food. The sleep did me well, especially with my whole travel sickness malarkey.


It sounds silly, but seeing my first american highway, yellow cab, cityscape, yellow school bus, hearing an american accent and just being in New York was amazing. Sitting there on the coach travelling in to Manhattan, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
And the adventure was only just beginning...


No comments:

Post a Comment